Ambrosia salad is to die for Yum but also you might die from the ingredients! Yikes! Sugar on sugar on sugar! Oh wait, a little cream too! So, I’ve decided to remix this Easter classic and make a yummy, healthy and vegan ambrosia salad.
TOTAL: 2 hours
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 4
- 2 different apples, diced (I choose one green and one honey crisp)
- 2 cups pineapple, diced
- 2 cups coconut cream or 2 cans coconut milk (Trader Joe’s has the cream)
- 2 tbsp. raw coconut nectar
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean or vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup chopped raw walnuts
Refrigerate the coconut cream overnight. If you don’t have coconut cream you can use canned coconut milk, you will just need two cans. For coconut milk, not cream, refrigerate the cans and when you remove, be careful not to shake the can as the cream is at the top. Carefully open the can and scrape out the cream from the top, the milky water will be at bottom. Don’t worry if you get a little bit of watery milk in cream just try to avoid it and get all cream. If you found coconut cream, you don’t have to do that step. You do need to refrigerate but just remove the cream in a bowl. Add coconut nectar and vanilla to cream and whip for 1-2 minutes.
Add apples, pineapple, walnuts and coconut shreds. Mix well. Chill for 2 hours before serving.