My Creamy Broccoli Soup is made with coconut milk and coconut oil.
In case you didn’t know, coconut milk is the liquid that comes from the grated meat of a brown coconut, whereas coconut water is the clear liquid inside the young green coconut.
When using canned coconut milk, shake the can first to even out the creamy thickness of the milk inside. Once opened, cans of coconut milk must be refrigerated and are usually only good for a few days. – Veronica
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 20 Min
Serving Size: 2 People
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 shallots, minced or pressed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 6 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked and drained
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
In a large stockpot over medium high heat, sauté the onions, shallots and garlic in the coconut oil and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
Add the broth and broccoli and boil for 10 minutes or until the broccoli is just tender.
Transfer to a Vitamix in batches. If necessary, and process until smooth. Add thyme, coconut milk, and cashews and blend again until smooth. Top with pumpkin seeds and serve.