Here’s my Mango Avocado Burrito Bowl, a spin on Chipotle Mexican Grill’s awesome burrito bowls. Use my recipe as a starting point and add any of your favorite ingredients like grilled chicken or fish to make your own. You can also turn this into an easy wrap with gluten-free tortillas. – Veronica
- 2 cups organic mixed greens (arugula, spinach, red leaf, kale, chard, green leaf, or romaine, etc.)
- 1 cup cooked organic quinoa or brown rice, cooled
- 3⁄4 cup organic black beans, cooked and cooled
- 1⁄2 mango skinned and cubed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 small red onion diced
- 1 small lime, juiced
- 1⁄2 avocado, skinned, cubed
- Optional: 4-6oz protein like grilled chicken or salmon.
Fix two bowls with lettuce on the bottom. Top with plain quinoa (or rice) and beans. Mix mango, onion, cilantro, and lime juice in a small bowl. Add mango mixture to top of salad. Top with avocado, optional protein and serve. Bon Appétit!