Serving Size: 2-4 People
- 1-cup macadamia nuts- soaked for an hour
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 tsp. organic sea salt
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 tbsp. pure organic pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp. cold pressed olive oil
- 1 tbsp. organic cold pressed olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1-cup shredded organic carrot
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. organic rosemary, chopped
- ¼- cup organic parsley, chopped
- ½-cup organic basil, slivered
- 2 cups pure organic pumpkin puree
- 1-cup filtered water
¼ cup organic unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp. organic sea salt
½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 box of gluten free (brown rice or quinoa) lasagna noodles (about 6 whole lasagna noodles needed)
Blend “ricotta” ingredients together in a Vitamix or food processor, slowly pouring the oil while blending. Blend until smooth like a ricotta texture. Scrape mixture out with a spoon into a bowl. Refrigerate while making the sauce.
Turn oven on to 350 F. Bring a large pot of water to boil (large enough that the lasagna noodles will fit in without bending). Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Add carrot and sauté an additional 2 minutes. Add garlic, rosemary, basil, and parsley. Add Pumpkin puree, water, almond milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.
While simmering, cook lasagna noodles for 5-10 minutes (According to box directions).
When done, line a 8” x 4” baking dish with ¼ cup of sauce on the bottom, 2 layers of noodles, ¼ cup sauce, ¼ cup ricotta, 2 noodles, ¼ cup sauce, the rest of ricotta, 2 more noodles on top, cover with sauce and bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until hot.
Pumpkin Lasagna & Rosemary “Ricotta” Bon Appétit!