Serves 2 as an entreé or 4 as an appetizer. This recipe is low FODMAP, IBS friendly.
Chef V tip – This is great to dip in a little dish of raw coconut aminos. Serve with a side of my Easy Fried Rice or White Sweet Potato Purée.
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed olive oil, divided use
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground rainbow peppercorns
- 1 pound sushi grade ahi tuna steak
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- pink sea salt, optional, for garnish
- Lemon slices
Mix the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of oil in one shallow dish and place the freshly ground peppercorns in another. Coat the tuna steak in the lemon juice, then with the peppercorns and the sesame seeds.
Heat the remaining oil in a large pan over high heat. Once the oil is hot, sear the tuna for 30 seconds on each side. Remove the tuna and let it sit for 1 to 2 minutes before slicing into 1/4 inch thick pieces.
To serve, plate the tuna slices, sprinkle with sea salt and chopped parsley and top with lemon slices.