A delicious combination of water chestnut crunch, meaty mushrooms, fresh zucchini, and savory aminos.
Chef V's Tip: For more protein, add 1 pound ground chicken or turkey. Raw coconut aminos are a fabulous replacement for soy sauce.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 cups diced crimini mushrooms
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced water chestnuts
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup raw coconut aminos (I like Coconut Secret)
- 5/6 lettuce cups (iceberg or boston lettuce leaves)
- Optional: 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped raw cashews
In a large skillet, sauté onion in coconut oil over medium high heat for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add mushrooms and veggies (or ground chicken) and cook for 3 more minutes. Stir in coconut aminos and cook for 2 minutes more.
To serve, spoon mixture into lettuce cups. Top with cilantro and cashews.