Chef V’s tip: To blanch the broccoli, bring a pot of water to a boil, drop the broccoli in for 1 minute, and then remove and cool with ice water. This will make it slightly softer without losing much of the nutritional value.
TOTAL TIME: 15 min
- 2 cups arugula
- 3 cups chopped watermelon, seeded
- 2 ripe Bartlett pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets, blanched and cooled
- 2 tablespoons raw pine nuts
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon or dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
Plate the greens with watermelon, pears, broccoli florets, and a sprinkling of pine nuts.
Combine the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over the salad and serve.