Chef V tip: Try an acai bowl for breakfast, too!
The acai berry is a grape-like fruit native to the rain forests of the amazon. It has a tropical, sweet taste and a very short shelf life, so we don’t often find them fresh in the store. Acai berries contain antioxidants, fiber, and heart-healthy fats.
- 1 frozen unsweetened acai smoothie packet (I like Sambazon)
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries or blackberries
- 1/2 cup Chef V’s Raw Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup fresh seasonal fruit (blueberries, raspberries, kiwi, peaches) use your favs!
- 1 tablespoon shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup crushed raw almonds, optional
In a Vitamix, process frozen acai juice, blueberries, raspberries, and almond milk on medium until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and top with your favorite fresh fruit, coconut, and almonds, if desired.